Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Sex, Lies & Hearing Aids


We hear it a lot: “I want a hearing aid that is small, discreet and practically invisible so nobody knows I’m wearing it.”  They continue: “I don’t want people to know I have hearing loss because I don’t want to appear old; I don’t want people to think I’m no longer attractive or sexy.”

Wow.  Hearing aids have the power to influence all that, huh?

So what do people want from a hearing aid?

Shouldn’t the first thing on the list be that it works, that it helps you hear better than you do now?  New models of hearing aids are small while providing the features that can enhance ability to hear.  One of the most important additional features is a telecoil which can help the wearer use a telephone.  It can also be used to connect with a variety of assistive listening devices, further enhancing one’s ability to hear in a variety of settings.

While there are small hearing aids that are complex and powerful, if you think you can focus only on the size of the hearing aid and still hear better, you might be lying to yourself.

We’ve covered the hearing aids and the lies, what about the sex?  Can there be anything hotter than actually, truly hearing someone say, “I love you, you sexy thing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment